POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ridgedMF-Mountain - params? : Re: ridgedMF-Mountain - params? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ridgedMF-Mountain - params?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 3 Aug 2000 08:36:39
Message: <39896757@news.povray.org>
Thanks, Bob, but I don't get it!
I'm obviously something wrong. When I use your values, all I get is a bunch
of smooth "rocks" - nice in a way and maybe useful someday, but not at all
what I am looking after :-) No plain, no "closed" formation, more like
asteroids in space.

This is my statement:

#declare H = 0.25; // roughening<>smoothing
#declare Lacunarity = 4; // roughening<>smoothing
#declare Octaves = 7; // smoothing<>roughening (computationally intensive
higher)
#declare Offset = 0.5; // height (suggested to start as 1 in the Doc.)
#declare Gain= 2; // smoothing<>roughening (I used too much maybe)

isosurface{
    function{"ridgedmf", <H, Lacunarity, Octaves, Offset, Gain>}
    method 1
    // method 2
    // eval
    // max_gradient 4

    accuracy 0.0001
    contained_by{box -1,1}
    pigment{White}
}

With method 2 I get a totally gray pic (background {rgb 0.3}) even with
max_gradient 5 (eval says max_gradient is ~3.7).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Marc-Hendrik

Bob Hughes schrieb in Nachricht <3988ed7a@news.povray.org>...